Please tick one or more of the options below to filter your search.
Milk-shaking it up for 2024!
In 2023 the milkshake landscape has been buzzing with excitement and is showing no signs of slowing down for 2024! The market experienced an incredible 48.6% growth since 2021, reaching a whopping £306.5 million. Yes, you read that right – it’s a milkshake revolution, and we’re here to tell you all the milkshake trends for 2024 to keep an eye out for.
The Rise of Coffee Fusion
Coffee-infused milkshakes are poised to redefine the classic milkshake experience, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. The coffee market in the dairy milk drinks category had a 31.4% year-over-year increase, opening the door to big innovations that coffee enthusiasts and milkshake lovers are savouring. It’s been spotted online people pouring their McDonald’s espresso shots into a vanilla milkshakes to create a fun new secret menu hack that’s captured hearts and taste buds alike!
Nostalgia is a powerful flavour trend, and it’s taking us on a delightful journey down memory lane. Think of your cherished childhood confectionery and traditional sweets, reimagined into milkshake form. These nostalgic and retro-themed drinks are pulling at the heartstrings of 57% of surveyed UK adults, with clear favourites of cookies & cream and bubblegum leading the way. It’s all about evoking fond memories for your customers!
The world is going green, and milkshakes are no exception. Plant-based milkshakes are on the rise, reflecting a growing preference for healthier and more environmentally conscious options. Nearly 23% of consumers consider plant-based milk a healthier alternative to cow’s milk, and brands are ingeniously pairing health benefits with intriguing milkshake flavours. One of the trend setters leading the way with this are Joe & the Juice offering a range of Power Shakes in flavours strawberry, coffee & even avocado!
Creative Flavour Exploration
The milkshake trends landscape is becoming a canvas for creativity in 2024, with bold flavour choices tempting diverse palates. Flavoured milks can potentially see a boost in interest by an impressive 32%, and classics like Banana, White Chocolate, and Salted Caramel are getting a modern twist with combos such as peanut butter. These creative interpretations are resonating with younger consumers, breathing new life into the milkshake market.
The focus on health-conscious options is a rising trend in the dairy drinks category. Brands are aligning with consumer preferences for enhanced well-being and immunity, and the integration of these elements into milkshake offerings is a strategic move. Immune-boosting ingredients are taking the spotlight, and for nearly 80% of shoppers, supporting their own immunity is a top priority when choosing food and drinks.
The Strawberry Sensation
Strawberry is a flavour that never goes out of style. Although chocolate is still the top flavour for consumers, strawberry has seen a remarkable 9.5% rise in value and a 9.7% increase in volume. Its’s vibrancy and association with indulgence make it a timeless favourite among consumers. Coffee shops are even blending strawberry with other trends, like nostalgia, to create childhood favourite sweet treats. This milkshake trend doesn’t look to be slowing down for 2024!
So what should you be offering? These are some of our top favourites:
- Banoffee pie Milkshake – Banoffee syrup and Dinoshakes Banana Milkshake with a drizzle of toffee sauce.
- Speculoos Milkshake – Speculoos topping sauce whisked with Dinoshakes Vanilla Milkshake, whipped cream and more sauce!
- S’mores Milkshake – Revamp the toasted marshmallow syrup in a Dinoshakes Chocolate Milkshake and a scoop of biscuit crumb. This can then be topped with marshmallows, chocolate sauce and more crumb.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake – Another classic mashup of a favourite ice cream flavour using chocolate milkshake and mint syrup/ sauce.
- Butterscotch Milkshake – A classic angel delight flavour that works great in a vanilla milkshake by adding butterscotch syrup.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Crème Milkshake – A Chocolate milkshake with hazelnut syrup to taste like a kinder bueno!
- The Controversial One – Playing off the Bounty controversy, mixing chocolate milkshake and coconut syrup.
- Honeycomb crunch Milkshake – Again using chocolate milkshake and honeycomb syrup for a crunchie inspired milkshake.
- Peanut Butter and Banana (Go nuts, Go Banana’s!) Milkshake – Peanut butter is going to be such a large trend for 2024, combining this syrup with banana milkshake powder plays on the classic toast breakfast!
- Pistachio Crème Milkshake – Combine vanilla milkshake with pistachio sauce for an Italian inspired shake!