Please tick one or more of the options below to filter your search.
Summer 2021 Iced Drink Menu Ideas
Each summer there is anticipation at the release of new drinks from coffee chains such as Costa, Café Nero and Starbucks’ summer menus. It always creates a great buzz with customer excitement for the lead up to the warm summer months we’ve all been missing. With COVID restrictions lifting, now is the perfect time to start shouting about your iced drink menu, ready for the influx of thirsty customers looking to try something new.
The popularity of takeaway drinks has unsurprisingly grown since the start of the pandemic, with 22% of UK coffee retailers reporting a sales increase in takeaway beverages, including a large proportion of customers now looking for higher quality and healthier options in the drinks they consume.
Some popular flavour trends emerging this summer suggest customers are looking for the flavours of the tropics. Flavours such as coconut, mango, dragon fruit and passionfruit are set to be popular flavours to offer this summer. Iced teas have also experienced a spike in popularity, especially when compared to classic soft drinks due to them having marginally less sugar then your average soda.
A quick guide to iced drinks and how to incorporate these into your menu with Simply:
- Frappes – An iced drink that is often blended and traditionally has a coffee base. However now you’ll see lots of popular flavours often using vanilla frappe powder as a base, making it easy for flavours to be added into the base frappe mix using syrups and sauces and topping with whipped cream!
- Granitas – An iced fruity drink or dessert that has a slushy consistency. Our granita powders make them easy to make and serve. They can also easily be used as a base for cocktails and mocktails. Our favourite combo is a frozen margarita with our lime granita and tequila.
- Iced Teas – Made with black tea extract, these come in a range of herbal and fruity flavours and work best served over lots of ice with fresh fruit and herb garnishes.
- Coolers – The simplest of the summer servers, just add water and ice to your flavoured cooler syrup to make a quick and easy flavoured water beverage.
- Milkshakes – A thought to be a retro nostalgic drink, these milky classics are making a comeback whether it’s a classic banana milkshake or a more adventurous freakshakes! Simply Milkshake Powders make these easy to whip up!
- Smoothies – These are fruit based drinks, blended together to create a thick, fruity drink. Our Simply Smoothie Mixes are packed with real fruit purees and make the perfect smoothie every time – just blend with ice. If you want to add something more, you can customise them to your own recipe by adding additional fruit, oats or yoghurt!
Summer Drinks Menu Suggestions
The key to a successful summer menu is is striking the balance between the new and adventurous and the classics as it is important to find something to cater for everyone’s taste. That’s why we’ve given examples of our favourites for summer 2021 that you can incorporate and adapt into your own.
- Exotic Smoothie
- Strawberries & Cream Frappe
- Peach Iced Tea
- Traditional Lemonade with Rhubarb
- Iced Coffee Frappe
- Watermelon Granita
Stand out from the crowd
- Dragon Fruit & Mango Cooler
- Watermelon Iced Green Tea
- Reduced Sugar Salted Caramel Mocha Frappe
- Layered Granita – combine Watermelon and lime
- Blended Traditional Lemonade
- Mango Lassi
- Bubblegum Frappe
Tropical Twists using Coconut Syrup
But these are only just a few suggestions! If you’d like help with customising your menu to your unique needs, or have any questions about our products and recipes, get in contact with our sales team through our live webchat here on the website, or call or email at:
0800 689 5128 or firstname.lastname@example.org