Please tick one or more of the options below to filter your search.
Budding Drink Trends for Spring 2022
This is a cause for an Alternative celebration!
Pinterest released their highly anticipated trends for 2022 earlier this year and one to consider this spring is their Alt-Bash’s. What do we mean by this? It’s finding alternative reasons to celebrate the small things! Alongside your classic celebrations such as Easter and Mother’s Day, think of your lesser-known national holidays such as cocktail day or siblings day. Any reason to celebrate is on the cards this Spring 2022, so the more obscure the better!
We’ve listed a few key dates below to consider but the list doesn’t need to stop here. Feel free to create your own personalised celebrations or think of ways to involve your local community:
- 20 March – First Day of Spring
- 27 March – Mother’s Day (UK)
- 01 April – April Fool’s Day
- 10 April – Siblings Day
- 11 April – National Pet Day
- 17 April – Easter Sunday
- 22 April – Earth Day
- 04 May – Star Wars Day
- 08 May – Best Friend Day
- 13 May – National Cocktail Day
- 01 June – LGBTQ Pride Month
- 19 June – Father’s Day
- 21 June – Summer Solstice
Pastels are the new vibrant
Another emerging trend this spring is the use of pastel colours in EVERYTHING. From home decor, to fashion, to the drinks customers will be snapping. Pantone revealed their colour for the year as Very Peri, so try incorporating this into your menu options. A good example of a restaurant killing the pastel colour game are EL&N.
Our suggestions for all things pale and soft in colour are:
- Matcha, White Chocolate and Raspberry Frappe
- Strawberry, Basil and Cucumber Crushed Cooler
- Piña Colada Frappe
- Violet Frappe
- Ruby Chocolate Frappe
Indulge, indulge and indulge a little more in the nostalgic classics
The nation’s health kick is here to stay this year, especially when it comes to making more conscious decisions at home. However when out and about, we’re seeing consumers seeking mini splurges, especially when it comes to food and drinks! Treat-yo-self culture is such a big player at the moment, so there is no better time to incorporate it into what you’re serving! Tie this into the boom in nostalgic classic flavours and desserts we’re seeing and you’re onto a winner.
- Chocolate Crème Brûlée Frappe – It wouldn’t be a spring menu without at least ONE chocolate egg themed drink for Easter. So we’re taking it back to being a kid again: stuffing your face full of chocolate eggs until you’ve made yourself feel sick. But hey, we’re still doing that now, so no judgement over here!
- Cookies and Cream Milkshakes – And the chocolate craze doesn’t stop there! We’re seeing an increase in large coffee chain shops keeping it simple with classic indulgent drink flavours in their menus, so why not keep it easy with our Oreo-inspired recipe:
- 1 tbsp (15g) of Simply Vanilla Milkshake Powder
- 200ml milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp of Simply Chocolate Cookie Crumb
- Add your milk, vanilla milkshake powder, cookie crumb and ice cream into a blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Garnish with more cookie crumb!